Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hey, i registered to learn and because the site name is hilarious

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 who here is a guru?

who here is a guru?

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

so i just want to say hi. the name of this site is really funny. i hope to hire a local guru on the west side manhattan nyc one day. why, you ask? because my computer skills are probably worthy of 2002 or 2003, so they're not up to date. i think it's amazing how computers can help enhance our lives, but i'm not into the nuts and bolts of computers. never have been and i don't see it happening in the future, but who knows as the saying goes. you might laugh but i consider it hi-tech to use piriform c cleaner and spybot search and destroy. that should tell you my mindset toward computers.

Edited by who here is a guru?, 08 March 2011 - 03:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 who here is a guru?

who here is a guru?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

thank you. right now i'm using a gifted/used toshiba notebook with windows. i am thinking of getting a new computer with a different (non-windows) operating system because i'm not a fan of microsoft. i saw a youtube video where a teen or a woman (i couldn't tell from his/her voice) installed ms word on an ubuntu os. it was on youtube broken into 2 parts. at the end, it showed him/her launching ms word. i thought it was cool but yikes so many steps! however, i have respect for someone like that because they seem to not care that computer doctoring takes a lot of time. i'm not willing to invest as much time as those gurus. well, i don't know if they are gurus. certainly compared to me they are, but maybe they're just naturally talented and can do alot of things with their eyes closed as the saying goes. perhaps tech comes naturally for some folks.

Edited by who here is a guru?, 08 March 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users