Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

geneology software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 papajohnonowee

papajohnonowee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

crash, reinstall os, carbonite reinstalled all my backup files. When i tried reinstall Generations Family Tree, Beginners edition 8, disk 1 gave the error WEBPOST.DLL not found. There is no replacement disk 1, they went out of business or was sold. Frontier Peace of Mind told me all my genealogy files were .LWC and would have to be converted to .DOC in order to be used. Is there genealogy software I can buy to make all my genealogy files usable again?

I am using Vista Home Premium on a Dell Dimension E521.

Thank you for any assistance.

Edited by papajohnonowee, 08 March 2011 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

Some looking makes me think that WEBPOST.DLL is from an older version of MS Access. Did you have Microsoft Office or Microsoft Access installed before the reinstall? If so, try installing Office/Access first then installing Generations Family Tree. Or, you might check around with your local genealogy community to see if someone else has that program installed and could give you a copy of WEBPOST.DLL.

As for converting the .LWC files to .DOC, I'm afraid I don't know if there's a program that does that, and Google wasn't helpful. :(

You could also try buying another copy of Generations Family Tree version 8, Beginner's Edition from somewhere like Amazon.com. I found this one for $32.

Edited by Andrew, 08 March 2011 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users