Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM TOOL malaware/virus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ddiani

ddiani

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hello!
Please help me, i got infected with this program ,System Tool Scaner,blue screen(with 1 and 0 ,at every line of the screen), windows starts ,it loads automatic,changes only my desktop,all shortcuts ,icons still there but on that blue screen i mentioned,plus a big warning about how i am infected and what that means.

The big problem is that it kills any executable process i try : eg -taskmanager.exe, i also tried scaning online with nod antivirus and it kills it's ".exe " file and aplication cannot be launched . Also i managed to do scan with Avira rescue CD ,bootable but it found nothing (well almost nothing ,some bad archives (attention mentioned )and only one detection Mainapp.exe or smth like that,but that was old and did not affect my computer before,plus it's from a program i trust,never caused any problem ) and for this one it renamed it as action from avira.

Mainly ,most ".exe" file are "supposed " to be infected.
internet conection still available.

Please help me,
Regards ,
Dan

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,523 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Take a look here: Remove System Tool and SystemTool (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ddiani

ddiani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thank you very much for your answer !
I am sorry for posting here ,but i tried serching the forum and i did not find this topic!

I tried it :
problems:
I use aPPOE internet conection ,and i cannot conect to the internet from the infected computer in safe mode.
i downloaded them from another computer :

At point 7 ---the option about the proxy server was not checked ,so i did not changed anyting here;

At point 9 --- when i ran it ,i was prompted from windows about runing in safe mode ... to proceed to work in safe mode: check yes --->>> the log file :Process terminated by Rkill or while it was running:
C:\windows\system32\vercslid.exe
Rkill completed on date+ hour

At points 10-18 ---i already had installed Malawarebytes before,i downloaded a new version installed it again ,but it promoted database out of date by 78 days ,so i cannot update. and after scan no malicious software found.

Should i try the same steps without safe mode? or is the problem solved though i do not think so ,because i did not delete anything after all.
Waiting for your reply!

Regards,
Dan

#4 gigahurtz

gigahurtz

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Try downloading Hitman Pro onto a flash drive and running it on infected system. I have found that Hitman Pro is very successful with removing these types of malware. After that is complete, continue to run MBAM and be sure it's updated. You most likely have some type of proxy server on your system within your system registry.

#5 ddiani

ddiani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

hello !
finally some time to take care of this problem!

Results:
started windows normaly ,no more System tool, but my antivirus avira has gone "mad" 3 warnings ,about 3 trojans in less than 1 hour,i am currently doing a scan with mbam, after i manged to update it , i will let you know about the result (almost 1 hour of scaning ... and going ...and going). could i do log or smth(maybe combofix ) to make sure that my pc is clean, because after this 3 warnings i think some traces are left still. And also i had registry mechanic installed and it does not work any more ,smth like: " Unicode systems are currently not supported" .

Please some help !

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hello, Plaese do not run ComboFix. It is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.

Lets do these first then see if it updates.

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.

RKill....

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

Now an Online scan
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

Reboot to Normal and run MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 ddiani

ddiani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hello, Plaese do not run ComboFix. It is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.

Lets do these first then see if it updates.

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.

RKill....

Download and Run RKill

• Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

Now an Online scan
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

Reboot to Normal and run MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

Hello !
Thank you !
Sort of did something similar, because i checked the forum only now , so all of these are done before i could read your message, sorry if i caused any inconvinience.
Waiting for further information or steps to follow ... should i also download Superantispyware? now...

Steps i followed

1) - i used rkill in safe mode ,afterwards as i mentioned i rebooted normaly, i updated Mbam ->full system scan --- 1 infection found+removed:
log :
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6111

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

20.03.2011 18:45:41
mbam-log-2011-03-20 (18-45-41).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 217663
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 1 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\system volume information\_restore{ef754d9d-e8b5-4a80-b327-b4fe8d57edd3}\RP150\A0080851.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

ran also a scan with avira:
1 infection found removed:

TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen --- 1 detection ; 2 warnings ; 1 quarantined;

ran eset --- no infection found;

instaled Ad-aware Lavasoft free --- ran a scan:

log:

Logfile created: 20.03.2011 21:01:32
Ad-Aware version: 9.0.2
Extended engine: 3
Extended engine version: 3.1.2770
User performing scan: doctor

*********************** Definitions database information ***********************
Lavasoft definition file: 150.330
Genotype definition file version: 2011/03/10 17:00:45
Extended engine definition file: 8740.0

******************************** Scan results: *********************************
Scan profile name: Smart Scan (ID: smart)
Objects scanned: 15323
Objects detected: 91
Type Detected
==========================
Processes.......: 0
Registry entries: 0
Hostfile entries: 0
Files...........: 0
Folders.........: 0
LSPs............: 0
Cookies.........: 91
Browser hijacks.: 0
MRU objects.....: 0

Removed items:
Description: *2o7* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408943 Family ID: 0
Description: *ad.yieldmanager* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409172 Family ID: 0
Description: *adbrite* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409218 Family ID: 0
Description: *adrevolver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408932 Family ID: 0
Description: *pointroll* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408826 Family ID: 0
Description: *ads.pointroll* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408927 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408737 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserv* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408921 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserve* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409020 Family ID: 0
Description: *adtech* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409018 Family ID: 0
Description: *advertis* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408918 Family ID: 0
Description: *advertising* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409017 Family ID: 0
Description: *apmebf* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409163 Family ID: 0
Description: *atdmt* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408910 Family ID: 0
Description: *bs.serving-sys* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408902 Family ID: 0
Description: *serving-sys* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409130 Family ID: 0
Description: *casalemedia* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409152 Family ID: 0
Description: *specificclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408807 Family ID: 0
Description: *clickbank* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408890 Family ID: 0
Description: *doubleclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408875 Family ID: 0
Description: *hitbox* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408858 Family ID: 0
Description: *.hitbox* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409072 Family ID: 0
Description: *estat* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408873 Family ID: 0
Description: *fastclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408869 Family ID: 0
Description: *.comclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409086 Family ID: 0
Description: *gostats* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408859 Family ID: 0
Description: *hit.gemius* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409369 Family ID: 0
Description: *ivwbox* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409247 Family ID: 0
Description: *webtrends* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 599640 Family ID: 0
Description: *media.adrevolver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409144 Family ID: 0
Description: *mediaplex* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408991 Family ID: 0
Description: *metriweb* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408990 Family ID: 0
Description: *questionmarket* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408819 Family ID: 0
Description: *real* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408817 Family ID: 0
Description: *searchportal.information* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409134 Family ID: 0
Description: *statcounter* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409185 Family ID: 0
Description: *statse.webtrends* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408803 Family ID: 0
Description: *webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408954 Family ID: 0
Description: *.webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409033 Family ID: 0
Description: *statse.webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409269 Family ID: 0
Description: *tacoda* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409123 Family ID: 0
Description: *tradedoubler* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408964 Family ID: 0
Description: *trafic* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409119 Family ID: 0
Description: *tribalfusion* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408785 Family ID: 0
Description: *realtracker* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408980 Family ID: 0
Description: www.new* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409109 Family ID: 0
Description: zedo* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408736 Family ID: 0
Description: *webtrends* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 599640 Family ID: 0
Description: *atdmt* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408910 Family ID: 0
Description: *doubleclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408875 Family ID: 0
Description: *ad.yieldmanager* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409172 Family ID: 0
Description: *trafic* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409119 Family ID: 0
Description: *hit.gemius* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409369 Family ID: 0
Description: *kontera* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409363 Family ID: 0
Description: *betanews* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409366 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408737 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserv* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408921 Family ID: 0
Description: *adtech* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409018 Family ID: 0
Description: *adserve* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409020 Family ID: 0
Description: *statcounter* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409185 Family ID: 0
Description: *counter.hitslink* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408884 Family ID: 0
Description: *.hitslink* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409071 Family ID: 0
Description: *advertis* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408918 Family ID: 0
Description: *advertising* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409017 Family ID: 0
Description: *2o7* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408943 Family ID: 0
Description: *fastclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408869 Family ID: 0
Description: *real* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408817 Family ID: 0
Description: *mediaplex* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408991 Family ID: 0
Description: *adrevolver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408932 Family ID: 0
Description: *media.adrevolver* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409144 Family ID: 0
Description: *bluestreak* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408904 Family ID: 0
Description: *estat* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408873 Family ID: 0
Description: *statse.webtrends* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408803 Family ID: 0
Description: *webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408954 Family ID: 0
Description: *.webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409033 Family ID: 0
Description: *statse.webtrendslive* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409269 Family ID: 0
Description: *247realmedia* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408945 Family ID: 0
Description: *realmedia* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409139 Family ID: 0
Description: *adopt.euroclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409169 Family ID: 0
Description: *specificclick* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408807 Family ID: 0
Description: *.zedo* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409030 Family ID: 0
Description: *bs.serving-sys* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408902 Family ID: 0
Description: *serving-sys* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409130 Family ID: 0
Description: *adbrite* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409218 Family ID: 0
Description: *tribalfusion* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408785 Family ID: 0
Description: *apmebf* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409163 Family ID: 0
Description: *pointroll* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408826 Family ID: 0
Description: *ads.pointroll* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408927 Family ID: 0
Description: *hitbox* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 408858 Family ID: 0
Description: *.hitbox* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409072 Family ID: 0
Description: *overstock* Family Name: Cookies Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 409142 Family ID: 0

Scan and cleaning complete: Finished correctly after 455 seconds

*********************************** Settings ***********************************

Scan profile:
ID: smart, enabled:1, value: Smart Scan
ID: folderstoscan, enabled:1, value:
ID: useantivirus, enabled:1, value: true
ID: sections, enabled:1
ID: scancriticalareas, enabled:1, value: true
ID: scanrunningapps, enabled:1, value: true
ID: scanregistry, enabled:1, value: true
ID: scanlsp, enabled:1, value: true
ID: scanads, enabled:1, value: false
ID: scanhostsfile, enabled:1, value: false
ID: scanmru, enabled:1, value: false
ID: scanbrowserhijacks, enabled:1, value: true
ID: scantrackingcookies, enabled:1, value: true
ID: closebrowsers, enabled:1, value: false
ID: filescanningoptions, enabled:1
ID: archives, enabled:1, value: false
ID: onlyexecutables, enabled:1, value: true
ID: skiplargerthan, enabled:1, value: 20480
ID: scanrootkits, enabled:1, value: true
ID: rootkitlevel, enabled:1, value: mild, domain: medium,mild,strict
ID: usespywareheuristics, enabled:1, value: true

Scan global:
ID: global, enabled:1
ID: addtocontextmenu, enabled:1, value: true
ID: playsoundoninfection, enabled:1, value: false
ID: soundfile, enabled:0, value: N/A

Scheduled scan settings:
<Empty>

Update settings:
ID: updates, enabled:1
ID: launchthreatworksafterscan, enabled:1, value: off, domain: normal,off,silently
ID: deffiles, enabled:1, value: downloadandinstall, domain: dontcheck,downloadandinstall
ID: licenseandinfo, enabled:1, value: downloadandinstall, domain: dontcheck,downloadandinstall
ID: schedules, enabled:1, value: true
ID: updatedaily1, enabled:1, value: Daily 1
ID: time, enabled:1, value: Sun Mar 20 20:56:00 2011
ID: frequency, enabled:1, value: daily, domain: daily,monthly,once,systemstart,weekly
ID: weekdays, enabled:1
ID: monday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: tuesday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: wednesday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: thursday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: friday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: saturday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: sunday, enabled:1, value: false
ID: monthly, enabled:1, value: 1, minvalue: 1, maxvalue: 31
ID: scanprofile, enabled:1, value:
ID: auto_deal_with_infections, enabled:1, value: false
ID: updatedaily2, enabled:1, value: Daily 2
ID: time, enabled:1, value: Sun Mar 20 02:56:00 2011
ID: frequency, enabled:1, value: daily, domain: daily,monthly,once,systemstart,weekly
ID: updatedaily3, enabled:1, value: Daily 3
ID: time, enabled:1, value: Sun Mar 20 08:56:00 2011
ID: updatedaily4, enabled:1, value: Daily 4
ID: time, enabled:1, value: Sun Mar 20 14:56:00 2011
ID: updateweekly1, enabled:1, value: Weekly
ID: time, enabled:1, value: Sun Mar 20 20:56:00 2011
ID: frequency, enabled:1, value: weekly, domain: daily,monthly,once,systemstart,weekly
ID: wednesday, enabled:1, value: true
ID: sunday, enabled:1, value: true

Appearance settings:
ID: appearance, enabled:1
ID: skin, enabled:1, value: default.egl, reglocation: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Resource
ID: showtrayicon, enabled:1, value: true
ID: autoentertainmentmode, enabled:1, value: true
ID: guimode, enabled:1, value: mode_simple, domain: mode_advanced,mode_simple
ID: language, enabled:1, value: en, reglocation: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Language

Realtime protection settings:
ID: realtime, enabled:1
ID: layers, enabled:1
ID: useantivirus, enabled:1, value: true
ID: usespywareheuristics, enabled:1, value: true
ID: maintainbackup, enabled:1, value: true
ID: infomessages, enabled:1, value: onlyimportant, domain: display,dontnotify,onlyimportant
ID: modules, enabled:1
ID: processprotection, enabled:1, value: true
ID: onaccessprotection, enabled:1, value: false
ID: registryprotection, enabled:1, value: true
ID: networkprotection, enabled:1, value: true

****************************** System information ******************************
Computer name: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
Processor name: Mobile AMD Sempron™ Processor 3500+
Processor identifier: x86 Family 15 Model 76 Stepping 2
Processor speed: ~1795MHZ
Raw info: processorarchitecture 0, processortype 586, processorlevel 15, processor revision 19458, number of processors 1, processor features: [MMX,SSE,SSE2,3DNow]
Physical memory available: 263417856 bytes
Physical memory total: 937402368 bytes
Virtual memory available: 1815158784 bytes
Virtual memory total: 2147352576 bytes
Memory load: 71%
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Windows startup mode:

Running processes:
PID: 780 name: \SystemRoot\System32\smss.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 828 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 856 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 900 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 912 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1072 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1084 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1188 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe owner: NETWORK SERVICE domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1332 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1376 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe owner: NETWORK SERVICE domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1428 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe owner: LOCAL SERVICE domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1520 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1780 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1836 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1888 name: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 148 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe owner: LOCAL SERVICE domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 320 name: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 668 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRAY.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 692 name: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.EXE owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 700 name: C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 708 name: C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 796 name: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 808 name: C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 1120 name: C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\stsystra.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 1260 name: C:\Program Files\CardDetector\ZTEMF636\CardDetector.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 1324 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 1560 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Ad-Aware.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 1652 name: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 384 name: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 504 name: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\France Telecom\Shared Modules\FTRTSVC\0\FTRTSVC.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1116 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1368 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 1872 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2216 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2844 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2932 name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2968 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 3316 name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe owner: LOCAL SERVICE domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 3808 name: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9
PID: 2460 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AWSC.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2448 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AWSC.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2504 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AWSC.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 496 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AWSC.exe owner: SYSTEM domain: NT AUTHORITY
PID: 2512 name: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe owner: doctor domain: PRIVAT-91W0E6G9

Startup items:
Name: {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}
imagepath: Browseui preloader
Name: {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}
imagepath: Component Categories cache daemon
Name: PostBootReminder
imagepath: {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9}
Name: CDBurn
imagepath: {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}
Name: WebCheck
imagepath: {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}
Name: SysTray
imagepath: {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153}
Name: Broadcom Wireless Manager UI
imagepath: C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRAY.exe
Name: ATICCC
imagepath: "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
Name: Dell QuickSet
imagepath: C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
Name: SynTPEnh
imagepath: C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Name: avgnt
imagepath: "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
Name: DAEMON Tools-1033
imagepath: "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
Name: SigmatelSysTrayApp
imagepath: %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\stsystra.exe
Name: QuickTime Task
imagepath: "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
Name: CardDetectorZTEMF636
imagepath: C:\Program Files\CardDetector\ZTEMF636\CardDetector.exe
Name: BEWINTERNET-ROSessionManager
imagepath: "C:\Program Files\Orange\InternetEverywhere\SessionManager\SessionManager.exe"
Name:
imagepath: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
Name:
imagepath: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Bootexecute items:
Name:
imagepath: autocheck autochk *

Running services:
Name: ALG
displayname: Application Layer Gateway Service
Name: AntiVirSchedulerService
displayname: Avira AntiVir Scheduler
Name: AntiVirService
displayname: Avira AntiVir Guard
Name: Ati HotKey Poller
displayname: Ati HotKey Poller
Name: AudioSrv
displayname: Windows Audio
Name: BITS
displayname: Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Name: CryptSvc
displayname: Cryptographic Services
Name: DcomLaunch
displayname: DCOM Server Process Launcher
Name: Dhcp
displayname: DHCP Client
Name: dmserver
displayname: Logical Disk Manager
Name: Dnscache
displayname: DNS Client
Name: ERSvc
displayname: Error Reporting Service
Name: Eventlog
displayname: Event Log
Name: EventSystem
displayname: COM+ Event System
Name: FastUserSwitchingCompatibility
displayname: Fast User Switching Compatibility
Name: FTRTSVC
displayname: France Telecom Routing Table Service
Name: helpsvc
displayname: Help and Support
Name: lanmanserver
displayname: Server
Name: lanmanworkstation
displayname: Workstation
Name: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service
displayname: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service
Name: LmHosts
displayname: TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Name: Netman
displayname: Network Connections
Name: Nla
displayname: Network Location Awareness (NLA)
Name: PlugPlay
displayname: Plug and Play
Name: PolicyAgent
displayname: IPSEC Services
Name: ProtectedStorage
displayname: Protected Storage
Name: RasMan
displayname: Remote Access Connection Manager
Name: RemoteRegistry
displayname: Remote Registry
Name: RpcSs
displayname: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Name: SamSs
displayname: Security Accounts Manager
Name: Schedule
displayname: Task Scheduler
Name: seclogon
displayname: Secondary Logon
Name: SENS
displayname: System Event Notification
Name: SharedAccess
displayname: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Name: ShellHWDetection
displayname: Shell Hardware Detection
Name: Spooler
displayname: Print Spooler
Name: srservice
displayname: System Restore Service
Name: SSDPSRV
displayname: SSDP Discovery Service
Name: stisvc
displayname: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Name: TapiSrv
displayname: Telephony
Name: TermService
displayname: Terminal Services
Name: Themes
displayname: Themes
Name: TrkWks
displayname: Distributed Link Tracking Client
Name: W32Time
displayname: Windows Time
Name: winmgmt
displayname: Windows Management Instrumentation
Name: wltrysvc
displayname: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service
Name: WmiApSrv
displayname: WMI Performance Adapter
Name: wscsvc
displayname: Security Center
Name: wuauserv
displayname: Automatic Updates

################

PS : on second reboot no more Avira Warnings, but i still cannot use registry mechanic,same message with unicode system--- what does that mean?

Thank you very much!
Dan

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hi Dan Reg Mechankc just may be the whole cause.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:
  • Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
  • Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
  • Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
  • Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
  • The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.
The Mechanic needs to be uninstalled as it appears to have been corrupted along with some Unicode systems files.

Please run SFC (System File Checker)
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the CD when asked.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 ddiani

ddiani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hello !
Sorry i did not have the time to apply that routine. I will try it tommorow. Also still have to find the Windows cd ... i hope i'll find it(is it esential? "operating system CD handy").

Thank you!

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

It may not need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users