Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SLOW BROWSING SPEED ON VISTA

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 p.k.lydon

p.k.lydon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Has anyone any solutions to curing very slow browsing speeds on Vistat (15-20 secs for a page to load). My broadband speed is around 32mb and my ISP (Virgin Media) claim this is not a problem of theirs. My PC manufacturer (ACER) can only advise that I format my machine, which seems a bit radical.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Did this just start or has it always been this way? If the former, what is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

Is browsing slow with all browsers (Firefox, Opera, IE, etc)?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

I think reformatting is a bit radical too, if you haven't tried these suggestions first: Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

What browser are you using?

Have you taken a look...at the browser add-ons you have installed/operative...and considered disabling most of them?

Louis

#5 p.k.lydon

p.k.lydon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the various replies. To answer the various comments:

1. I am running IE8 and yes I have tried other browsers i.e. Firefox - the problem still exists whatever I use.
2. Nothing has been added by me so am suspecting something external possibly loaded to my PC causing this condition.
3. The Add-ons has never been used by me
4. I have also run various MALWARE programs but again nothing improves
5. I have also connected a laptop (running XP) to my broadband and it runs fine.
6. This issue has been occuring for about 3 weeks and nothing new has been added to my PC

Starting to quietly despair. So any other suggestions/solutions would be welcomed.

Cheers
PKL

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

4. I have also run various MALWARE programs but again nothing improves

Has anything ever been found by the scans?

#7 p.k.lydon

p.k.lydon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

No nothing has been shown on any of the scans I have run. This is very frustrating.

#8 alexsm

alexsm

• Banned Spammer
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

Yes it is true that vista always had so many problems!!..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users