Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb device

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 comet@earth

comet@earth

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Whenever I connect a mobile to my laptop using a usb cable a "device has been connected" sound keeps coming even hours after unplugging the device.I am using windows 7 OS.Please Help
Thank You.

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2011 - 12:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Are you sure it's not your printer/scanner automatically going off-line? (Mine has that feature so you don't need to turn it off manually)

#3 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

I did not get you.Whatever it is the sound keeps on coming again and again.I have to use system restore to get the system back to the original state.
Thank You

#4 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

I might have missed it, but what is it that your connecting to the computer ?

I see you mentioned "moble" is this mobile phone?

#5 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Yes a mobile connected to the laptop using a usb cable.Then a connection has been made "ting tong" sound comes which comes also when we unplug the cable from the laptop.This sound keeps on coming hours after using the unplugging the usb cable.
Thank You

Edited by comet@earth, 16 March 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#6 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

OK, so it is a mobile phone. Is this a smart phone(iphon,android,win7 ect...)

The reason I ask is because I am wondering if it has to do with a setting or program on the phone.When you unplug it it still thinks its connected or something.

Can you tell me , does it still happen if the phone is OFF and you connect it.

If it does, try to find something else to plug in with use (camera,usb drive, ect..)
To see if its something with the computer or not.

If it stil does this with any usb device than it is a problem in the Device manager settings

#7 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

Its a simple cell phone.I have this problem sometimes so please tell me what I should change device manager settings to.
Thank You

#8 Jaksueaj

Jaksueaj

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

i think its virus, try to scan if you have antivirus on your pc or a registry cleaner

#9 garybear

garybear

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hello!
I have XP3. When I plug in a USB or camera or turn my printer on; there is a icon in my tray that tells me they are connected.You should right click on that icon and choose Safely Remove Hardware. If you don't do that, you can damage the device.A reboot will do the same thing but that's not recommended.
Always choose (Safely Remove Hardware) The icon will go away after you receive a message and then it's safe to remove the device.:thumbup2:

#10 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hey comet@earth ,

What is the status on this ?

Are you still having problems ?

#11 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

I have updated my drivers and also there were a few viruses.Now everything seems to be working fine.I have also cleaned my registry using CCleaner.
Thank you for the help

#12 Jaksueaj

Jaksueaj

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

@comet@earth, good for you then, me too i am using a registry cleaning, it works fine and no more pc erroors.

#13 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

OK, sounds good

I will have to keep this in mind as I have heard of others that had similar problems

So I'm sure this post can be locked now as the problem is solved.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

• Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

• Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

• Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

• The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in unpredictable results.

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

* Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don’t use registry cleaners
* Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users