I am going under the assumption that the internet stopped working properly once you became infected.
Do you have the ability to download tools to a flash drive, and then run them on the infected computer?
If so, please download the following onto a clean computer and move it onto the flash drive.Running RKill
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.
- Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.
- Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply
If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe
which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.NEXT:Check - Reset Proxy settings
Malware can alter your proxy settings. If altered, it can affect your ability to browse or download tools required for disinfection.Internet Explorer Proxy settings
Firefox Proxy settings
- Open Internet Explorer > click Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab.
- Click the LAN Settings... button and uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
or change the settings to the proxy you normally use if you previously reconfigured it.
- Remove any unknown addresses from the Address box. 80 is the default Port so it does not have to be changed.
- Click OK... then click OK again.
- Close Internet Explorer and -restart- the computer.
- An example of how to do this with screenshots can be found in steps 3-7 under the section Automated Removal Instructions... in this guide.
For other browsers
- Open Firefox, click Tools > Options > Advanced and click the Network Tab.
- Under the Connection section click on the Settings... button.
- Under Configure Proxies to Access the Internet, check No proxy. This is the default option if you don't use a proxy.
- Click OK... then click OK again.
- Close Firefox and -restart- the computer.
, please refer to How to configure browser proxy settings
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(v1.50) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to this Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.
- Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Click on the Scan button.
- When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
Edited by SweetTech, 09 March 2011 - 10:56 AM.
Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here
The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.