Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viruses Keep Resurfacing in Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mhavril39

mhavril39

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hello! I'm new here and I've found many posts helpful to me so far, but I think I need some personalized instruction at this point. I have Windows Vista 64 bit on a 2007 computer. I normally run my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials and things normally run very well.

I accidentally downloaded a bad file and AntiVirus Monitor appeared. I ran steps outlined here and removed it with Malwarebytes' in safe mode with networking, but upon return to regular mode later in the day, a Vista AntiSpyware 2011 showed up and rained on my parade. I went back, followed the same steps, and eliminated the virus, this time clearing all my cookies, web browsing data, etc., only to later get reliable ol' AntiVirus Monitor back and kicking an hour later in regular mode. I've again run Malwarebytes and posted my results. Could someone please tell me how to permanently block off this malware so I don't have to keep repeating this process? Are these new viruses, or did they enter my computer with the original infection? I'm no tech expert, so layman's terms are appreciated when possible.

Thank you in advance for your help! This is my first time here and hopefully it will be the last out of necessity.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5978

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19019

3/7/2011 10:58:22 PM
mbam-log-2011-03-07 (22-58-22).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
Objects scanned: 356607
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 55 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\ (Hijack.Zones) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyServer (PUM.Bad.Proxy) -> Value: ProxyServer -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\microsoft\Windows\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\4PFAB0FS\file2[1].exe (Rogue.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Tasks\{62c40aa6-4406-467a-a5a5-dfdf1b559b7a}.job (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users