Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CAPCHAS unsolvable by Visim, the add-on for Mozilla Firefox used to help visually impaired users register for web sites independently.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know, that CAPTCHAs on the sharing pages of this site are unsolvable by the Web Visim add-on, used in Firefox to assist visually impaired folks with signing up with sites that have them. I'd appreciate if this were looked into and something done about it. Thanks for any feedback.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

The captchas on this site are from recaptcha. This is probably the most widely used captcha service out there.

http://www.google.com/recaptcha

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

I'll look there then. Is that what you were getting at?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,523 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

I believe what Grinler was getting at, is that Bleeping Computer uses one of, if not, the leading captcha applications available. The issue you are having is not something we have control over fixing. If you have an issue with how it works you need to address that with the application developers.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users