Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Back button on Firefox not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ducon

Ducon

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Just recently started to have this issue when I open my homepage (forum) and choose a topic, then when I try to click "back" I cant. Button is greyed out. If I click on to some other page it starts to work, its only the first page it wont go back to. Doesnt matter where you set homepage. Also my mouse has started to do doubleclicks randomly. Anyone who could help? Using firefox 3.6.15 and Vista

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

Sounds like two separate issues. The first one concerning go back one page may be an issue with the website.
What happens when you use the Alt key and left and right arrow keys? That is a Firefox browser shortcut or go back
and forward.
It could also be an issue with addons. Have you tried starting Firefox in Firefox safe mode and adding back your addons one at
a time to see if that is the problem?

Are using more than one Firefox profiles? For instance, a separate one for Firefox 4 beta?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Ducon

Ducon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Seems it was an issue with McAfee SiteAdvisor. Cheers for the help.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for letting us know you found the problem. Site Advisor causes many problems on Firefox. Seems it
is not a priority of McAfee to keep up with changes in Firefox.
See comments in this topic: I can't start Firefox anymore
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic367755.html/page__pid__2149154#entry2149154

Edited by buddy215, 07 March 2011 - 11:34 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Sounds like two separate issues. The first one concerning go back one page may be an issue with the website.
What happens when you use the Alt key and left and right arrow keys? That is a Firefox browser shortcut or go back
and forward.

Just as an aside, the backspace key (on the keyboard) is the "universal" page back in most, if not all browsers :)

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

Firefox Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts

Web Navigation Windows Mac OS X Linux Open Home Page Alt+Home Option+Home Alt+Home Back one Page Alt+⇦
Ctrl+[
Shift+Scroll down
Backspace Cmd+⇦
Cmd+[
Delete Alt+⇦
Ctrl+[
Shift+Scroll down Forward one Page Alt+⇨
Ctrl+]
Shift+Scroll up
Shift+Backspace Cmd+⇨
Cmd+] Alt+⇨
Ctrl+]
Shift+Scroll up

EDIT: That didn't copy very well. :wacko: Anyone interested in the Firefox shortcuts, check them out in the link above.

Edited by buddy215, 07 March 2011 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users