Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireles conection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lalo1959

lalo1959

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:10 AM

my wireles adpter netgear n usb adapter wn111v2 i can download any movies very faster in 19 mbps but when y have better conection 54 mbps
they tellme i have internet connection but never conect to the internet only when i have 13 to 19 mbps why please thats is crazy
thanks you
lalo 1959

Edited by Andrew, 07 March 2011 - 12:57 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From XP to Networking - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etaf

etaf

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

if i understand the question correctly - you currently can download at 19mbps - but your wireless connection shows as 54mbps and you want that speed from the internet

the 54mbps is the maximum speed the wireless will work at - however, your internet connection may not be as fast - in the UK - 8mbps is quite normal for a download speed

whats the maximum download speed your internet provider ISP will give you ? - that will be the limit you can download at
ETAF

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

Are you connecting to 2 different wireless connections?

Check the wireless name of the signal you connect to at 19 mbps, and just use that one.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

I believe what you are asking is "Why am I not downloading at 54Mbps when it says that I have 19Mbps?"

The reason is that this is a theoretical based on how close you are to the router. What it is saying is that given my connection right now, this would be the theoretical maximum speed that I can receive at, with lost packets taken into consideration. But you would only get this speed (19Mbps right now or 54Mbps if it was close) if you were transferring files locally. Say from one computer to another in your network. You are still going to have a bottleneck at your DSL/Cable connection. If you are downloading movies off the net it would be based on your DSL/Cable provider. As etaf stated I would check with your ISP to see what connection rate is available.

uByte

#5 ITstudent2006

ITstudent2006

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

The info given here is correct but let me put it simple.

54Mbps is for internal network speed. (transferring data from PC to PC on your LAN)
19Mbps is for internet (downloading videos, browsing, uploading speeds will vary, etc..)
~si vis pacem para bellum~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users