Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 macdadluke23

macdadluke23

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

I have an Emachine E627 laptop my problem is that when i move my cursor on my touchpad is opens up everything that it highlights this is not me clicking the left button on the touchpad so when i move the cursor to a icon or whatever it may be it will open it up without me double tapping or clicking the button. I uninstall the synaptic driver and reinstalled it but it still does not fix it. So i uninstall the synaptic driver and use the windows 7 default driver but the problem with that is that whenever i click the left button on the touchpad the cursor goes crazy everytime when i try to move it. The only way to stop it is to click on the left button again and the cursor moves normal. Can some1 please help me also i have windows 7 home premium 64bit edition

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SunnySkyguy

SunnySkyguy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

Check Synaptics drivers< mouse>> properties>touch sensitivity and palm detect... I prefer min & max respectively. Check if same behavior with external mouse... If so.. then explorer is pooched by malware or slugware background activities affecting resources and desktop action. ....IF NOT then check finger if too dry for touch sensitivity.
Anthony

(aka SunnySky) in Markham
I'd Rather be Golfing ...

if I'm not dis-arming tag-team polymorphic trojans ....

#3 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

When i use a regular usb mouse everything if fine. But when i use the touchpad everything that i highlight opens up (this is with the synaptic driver installed). When i put the windows 7 driver (default one) the left button when clicked on makes my cursor go everywhere and i cannot control it.

#4 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

Ok here is the deal I went to synaptics settings and disable the buttons for the touchpad this prevents my pointer from hovering over anything it highlights and opening it up. BUT i do not want to disable the buttons but it seems it is the only solution that will make my pointer stop from opening up things it highlights. This must be an issue with the driver but i dowloaded the lastest driver from synaptics and Emachine both did the same thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users