Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver problem for HP 4L (coarse graphics): workaround sought

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anonanon

anonanon

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

I have a PC running Win XP Professional and a HP 4L laserjet printer. The printer works fine except one thing: it does not print graphics at a decent resolution; it might be 25 x 25. I am pretty sure the problem is with the driver that comes with Win XP. The test page prints graphics fine. I have the printer set at its max. resolution (300 dpi). I know other printers have higher resolution, but I'd be happy with 300 dpi -- if I could get the printer to print at that resolution.

I have tried the HP website. The only driver they seem to have for the 4L is a Postscript driver for the 4 and 5 series. Using it causes my printer to print pages of junk instead of what it's supposed to print.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a driver to try in place of the driver that comes with Win XP? Or anything else

Thanks,
Roger

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

not an unheard of problem. see if there is any pertinent info here: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1299466576931+28353475&threadId=883613

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

You might also try the HP LaserJet Series II driver built in to Windows.
That is generic enough to work with almost any laser printer.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users