Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lsass.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KeilbasaMan

KeilbasaMan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

I had my computer freeze up on me and as a normal I rebooted and I get a System error box with lsass.exe -system error the endpoint format is invalid ? anyone got a clue ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

Similar, http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic20111.html .

Louis

#3 KeilbasaMan

KeilbasaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

Thanks , I did a repair of Windows and that seemed to work but now I need to do updates and it won't let me , I have to find a SP3 disk an reinstall windows ? perhaps that will do the trick ?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

You don't have to find an SP3 disk :).

Most importantly...system manufacturer and model? If OEM (HP, Dell, etc.), then you need to check for instructions at respective website...pertaining to installing SP2 and/or SP3. Particularly so with HP systems.

Whatever SP is currently reflected on the system...you can download/install either SP2 or SP3 from your system.

SP2 Download

SP3 Download

If your system currently reflects SP1 installed, all you need is the SP3 download. If the system either has no SP installed, you need 2 first, then 3.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users