Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

media test failed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mojojo10

mojojo10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hello there everyone. I am mojojo10 and just joined today with the intention of learning and sharing.

I am trying to boot my PC which operates on Windows XP. It tells me anytime I try, Media test failed and therefore fails to boot from the CD. It even refuses from the hard drive as well. Why it this, please and also how can I download or create a recovery console disc. Hope help is on the way. Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

When attempting to boot from the hard drive what error message(s) do you get?

Make, model and type of the machine we are dealing with?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

One of the causes of this is the boot order. If you are trying to boot from a CD the CD-ROM has to be the first device in the boot order of the BIOS.

Another message that usually accompanies this is "Check Cable". But without knowing what type of computer you are using, desktop or laptop, it's difficult to make suggestion.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users