Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD FIX for Win 7 (code 0x100007e)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Devil

The Devil

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

I was recently having a problem with my new laptop giving a Blue Screen of Death every time I would attempt to restart or shutdown. Upon restart, the dump would give the error code: 1000007e.

I downloaded and installed Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and discovered that it was caused by lfsfilt.sys...which is part of the NDAS program that comes with some external hard drives (in my case, it was a Klegg) to allow you to network your external hard drive to multiple computers via router modem. I uninstalled NDAS and have had no further errors. I hope this helps someone who is at their wits end.
MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS
http://www.myspace.com/getsyphilis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for posting your situation and resolution...it will be useful to someone, at some time, with a similar situation.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users