Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers making random sounds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tarkovsky

tarkovsky

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

I just got new Logitech speakers, but while playing video games, the speaker makes random beeping noises and random times. I don't have this problem while using the built in speakers in the monitor or headphones, just with the new speakers that I bought. I don't think it is my cellphone since it is nowhere near my speakers and it beeps even when im not getting calls or text messages. Im not using the speakers anymore till someone can help me resolve this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

How are these speakers hooked up to the computer? Right into the sound card audio out jack?

I am not exactly sure what interference would come across the speakers as a beep. Is beep the same as a car horn beep?

What is the model number of these Logitech speaker?

If they are powered by an AC power adapter, are you plugging that into a source that is also connected to a device that is causing stray RF interference?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 tarkovsky

tarkovsky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

The speaker is called Logitech R-5. It's plugged into the back of my computer with a picture that says out and has a speaker picture on it. I plugged it into the socket that my fan, monitor and desktop is using. Not really a car horn beep, just some random beeping noises sometimes. Maybe I am just hearing things that are not there. Haha

Edited by tarkovsky, 12 March 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Okay, so your speakers seem to be picking up a stray sound while you are playing video games?

If you really are not imagining things, the sound may be coming from your computer when it is processing the video image and causing a stray RF signal to emit into the air, which is being picked up by the amplifier inside the speakers.

Poor grounding can cause this to happen.

By grounding I mean something is not properly grounded to Earth ground.

Your connection to the AC power source in your house may have a ground fault somewhere.

This can include by-passing the third prong on a 3 prong plug.

Sometimes people use extension cards that do not have 3 prongs on them, this means there is an un-grounded power supply.

Perhaps the electrical outlet you are connected to is not properly grounded or your house wiring is not properly grounded to Earth ground outside the house.

I am not saying this is the case, but poor grounding can cause line noise to show up in amplified circuits.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users