Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beyond Fustrated! - Emachine speakers volume decrease!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mercmania

mercmania

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the volume from my speakers. At a completely random time today, my speaker volume drastically decreased. Usually, when I turn the dial to my speakers up to 100%, the sound is extremely loud. Now, at 100%, the audio is significantly lower. When I plug in a headset into the front Audio port of my computer tower, the sound at 100% is lower than what it used to be as well.

The speaker model is Emachines, SP-30A. The volume settings on my computer have not changed. I use Windows Vista, and I have verified that the volume levels are at 100%. The power source has not changed. Nor has the wiring changed either (I made sure that the wires running to the back of my computer are correct).

Here is what I've done:
Ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware: Turned up clean.
Ran AVG Free 2011: Turned up clean.
Ran SpyBot Search And Destroy: Turned up clean.
I have attempted to update my sound card driver, however it said it was already up to date.
These facts led me to believe that it is not a virus; however I cannot be sure.

If anyone could provide some help it would be greatly appreciated. I can't do anything involving audio with this crappy sound.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

The only thing that comes to mind straight off is that, depending on what audio setup the system is equipped with, there may be an option like "boost" buried somewhere maybe on an advanced tab in the audio properties, that may have got turned off somehow.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mercmania

mercmania
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

I've been digging around my advanced audio settings, and nothing seems out of place. Tried changing some settings and the volume is still low.

No idea what's wrong.

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

My computer was never loud so I crank the preamp in the equalizer settings to 11 in whatever program I am listening to/watching with.

Like this:
Posted Image

now my computer is LOUD!

#5 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hope you get the volume problem fixed. Then buy some M-Audio speakers or hook your computer up to your HT receiver, this will greatly help your audio experience.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users