Things I've done:
1. Tried to open in Safe Mode with Networking, it will not let me connect to the internet.
2. Tried to run Rkill under every name & link possible, it will not work, whether in safe or regular mode.
3. Tried to run Malawarebytes, it will not let me.
4. Tried to connect to internet under regular mode, will not let me.
5. Tried to operate system restore so I could go back a day or two & reset, but it pops up a message that system restore is turned off. I followed instructions to turn it on, but there is no box to check, nothing to click on. I don't know how else to turn on system restore.
Numerous pop ups telling me to download their program to get rid of spyware.
The STRANGE thing....I can connect to internet and do most everything as usual when I "Switch Users". Right now I am on the Guest User. When I switch back to my regular screen, where all my files etc are, that's when the problem starts.
When I run Rkill or Malawarebytes from Guest mode, it tells me no malicious files were found. ??
I can't believe I can't even get online or run any spyware killers through safe mode!
What should I do?
Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 March 2011 - 03:41 PM.
Moved to AII from Vista. ~ OB