Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crazy Antimalaware virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sgw123

sgw123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

The Antimalaware virus has installed itself on my laptop.

Things I've done:

1. Tried to open in Safe Mode with Networking, it will not let me connect to the internet.
2. Tried to run Rkill under every name & link possible, it will not work, whether in safe or regular mode.
3. Tried to run Malawarebytes, it will not let me.
4. Tried to connect to internet under regular mode, will not let me.
5. Tried to operate system restore so I could go back a day or two & reset, but it pops up a message that system restore is turned off. I followed instructions to turn it on, but there is no box to check, nothing to click on. I don't know how else to turn on system restore.

Numerous pop ups telling me to download their program to get rid of spyware.

The STRANGE thing....I can connect to internet and do most everything as usual when I "Switch Users". Right now I am on the Guest User. When I switch back to my regular screen, where all my files etc are, that's when the problem starts.

When I run Rkill or Malawarebytes from Guest mode, it tells me no malicious files were found. ??

I can't believe I can't even get online or run any spyware killers through safe mode!

What should I do?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 March 2011 - 03:41 PM.
Moved to AII from Vista. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hello.

Let's try this.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
TDSSKiller Log

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users