Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WillieK

WillieK

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

Is there a way to have excel automaticaly add another row in a spread sheet after the last row is used. The spread sheet keeps a tally of gallons used by different operators. It also records names dates vehicle IDs in seperate colums. The spread sheet has a fixed number of rows but at times more rows are needed. Any Ideas. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

To give you an answer, people mayneed a bit more detail.
The spreadsheet has fixed number of rows, you say. Why? How is it fixed? Is the data range defined as a named area? Does VBA control the number of rows?

There are many ways, and I doubt you'll get an answer till someone has a feel for what controls are now in place and how it's all now working.

#3 WillieK

WillieK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:42 PM

Each Heading represents a column.

Item No.....CHC No....Operator....Gallons....PumpMeterRead
123456 ____7734____ Willie ______23______087654
789101____ 4377____ Joey_______57______087665

and so on till the last row on the sheet.

This program keeps track of fuel used. The gallons is computed for the operator when he/she enters Pump Meter Read. There is a couple of formulas used here.

When the last row is used up a new sheet has to be started. This is Ok but the results form multiple sheets need to be manually tallied up. Also in order to bring up a new sheet the program has to be closed and restarted. I guess what I would like to do is have the sheet auto extend rows or bring up a another sheet which would become part of the book with the formulas in tact.

Hope this is a better explanation.

Thnks
WK

Edited by WillieK, 24 December 2005 - 01:28 PM.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

When the last row is used up a new sheet has to be started. This is Ok but the results form multiple sheets need to be manually tallied up. Also in order to bring up a new sheet the program has to be closed and restarted.

I hope I don't misunderstand what you answered. You did not really answer the questions about the size.

Once you use last row on a sheet, there really is no more. Some 65 thousand rows? Or have you limited the scrolling area to some smaller number? Or have you limited your formulas to a fixed number of rows?

You should be able to add a new sheet without restarting Excel. Just use the menu Insert-Worksheet.
And if you indeed have to have results from multiple sheets, that, too can be done with no manual effort, by specifying sheet names in front of ranges you're adding up.

If we're getting nowhere, if we're misunderstanding, there is a way to email stuff here. Mail me the spreadsheet and I'm willing to take a look.

#5 WillieK

WillieK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:56 AM

To tos226

Thank you for your offer. I will try to email a copy. I need to be gone for a few days. See ya when I get back.

WK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users