Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spysheriff

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pilotos

pilotos

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:35 AM

Hello,
first I'd like to apologize because of my awful english (I'm french).
Yesterday I downloaded the nice spyware call spysheriff.
I found in your forum the way to put it back from my computer. It seems to work. Thanks for that. I have another trouble. The picture I selected on my desk is replaced by another screen picture. When I do a right click on the mouse it is impossible to replace this screen picture. It seems to be due to spy sheriff. Can you give me the procedure to kill it definitively and to recover my initial screen picture. Thanks very much. Joyeux Noël et bone année à toute l'équipe (Merry christmas and happy new year to all the team).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to BC. I'm glad to see things are working out. Have you tried to restore your sytem to a point before the infection? Try system restore.

Merry Christmas.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Efwis

Efwis

The Spyware Killing Dragon

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

hiya pilotos,

welcome to Bleeping computer. even though acklan has a valid point, you run the risk of reinfection by doing the system restore.

Could you please post a HIjack This log for us to review, there may be more there then you think.

Start Here and follow the directions in this topic. then please post that log in the Hijack This analisys forum

Edited by Efwis, 21 December 2005 - 12:15 PM.

Posted Image
if you like what I have done please consider making a donation to help fight spyware Posted Image

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:14 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! pilotos.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic