Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing files in Damn Small Linux

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

I installed DSL 4.4.10 on an ancient Compaq Presario 1255. I need to download files from a USB flash drive the the hard drive of the compaq. DSL 4.4.10 comes with emelFM2 and I can get as far as seeing the files on the flash and thats as far as I can go. I set every user parameter to include everybody and their cousin to access that flash, but I still can't seem to down load those files.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Do you get any error messages?

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Do you get any error messages?

Only if I tried to open it.

Funny thing, the file was on the hard drive, I just didn't know where or how to look for it :killcomp: .

Actually I'm dumping DSL for something different. The kernel for DSL doesnt support the ath9k drivers for my wireless adapter so I'm off to find something that does.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users