Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lauunch The Rocket

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:56 AM

Happy Holidays from GlobalSpec!
(Techs & Specs will return on January 3rd, 2006)

It Is Rocket Science...
... it's the new Brain Strainer!

http://www.globalspec.com/BrainStrainer/

Feeling stressed by the holidays and looming deadlines for end-of-year projects? Then take a break with a little rocket science.

It's the Brain Strainer and your mission if you choose to accept it is to launch the GlobalSpec rocket. However, as simple as it may appear at first glance, you will need to draw upon your superior knowledge of physics in areas such as projectile motion, potential energy, kinetic energy and gravity as you build a device to light a fuse and launch the rocket.

You can construct the rocket launcher using a variety of objects available to you (ramp, conveyor belt, bumper, power ram, etc.). The more objects you use, and the more complex your launcher, the more points you'll score.

Enough said about the game; go ahead and try it (if you're up for the challenge...) play the Brain Strainer now!

And then forward the Brain Strainer to challenge your colleagues and friends; they probably need to take a break from the holidays too.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

That's Great! I love it! Thanks! :thumbsup:

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#3 catweazle

catweazle

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:34 AM

That was a cool game :thumbsup: ,by pure luck i scored 29800 something, and got the special launch, :flowers: , wish i'd saved the machine though, Can't remember all the positions :trumpet: .
Cheers.

Edited by catweazle, 30 December 2005 - 02:35 AM.

#4 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

I know that if you make a grid-like layout with the bumbers and use the rubber ball, you score massive points, but it takes forever for the ball to reach the button. I think I got 300,000 something with that once. I also maxed out the point counter, but it never launched the rocket...

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

But if you don't get a launch,it is not a machine and those aren't really points. It is fun tho. I've got a trebouchet builder next..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

egads!!

My brain IS strained.

Untrained at physics as I am.

You guys make it sound sooo easy. TY for a holiday diversion befitting a site like this ...

(you think HJT analysis is hard? Try rocket launching whilst you await the answers to your pressing malware concerns!)
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#7 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

But if you don't get a launch,it is not a machine and those aren't really points. It is fun tho. I've got a trebouchet builder next..

Yeah, those weren't real points, but I just loved watching the ball bounce around the bumbers at lightning speed.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

thats definately cool. I get it going too, just being a stickler for premise. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users