Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shuttind down without warning

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bluewolf

bluewolf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hi I'm new here and having problems with my computer it keeps shutting down with out warning if I have multiple tabs up it at least has problems shutting down with no warning and pops up to ask me to shut my firefox down or force shut down. I had problems with this computer doing this before and sent it to HP they said they fixed it that only lasted for 3 months and it's doing it again now my contract is up with them for free repair. I open it up and sprayed a can of air into it still didn't do anything to stop it.

I'm about ready to take it to computer repair shop, but I figure I'll try a forum to see if it's something to be fixed. Also while trying to type this it keeps doing this example: sampleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee or it drags the bar thingy all across the page before it shuts down or tells me about shutting down for me to close tabs. It's like every two mintues it keeps telling me to shut down so this is getting annoying.

Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Does the computer just turn off like it has been unplugged?

Are you getting any error messages, blue screens?

What is the model of this HP?

What did HP do to correct this when you sent it to them?

Edited by dc3, 05 March 2011 - 01:10 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Snall

Snall

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

Most shut downs without a blue screen are power or heat related I think?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Or PSU, or ...

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Snall

Snall

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

Or PSU, or ...

You're right I'm am totally sorry for offering any info at all. Although PSU and power equal around the same thing...nice meeting you.

#6 bluewolf

bluewolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

No Blue screen it just all a sudden just says logging off and shutting down. It's windows 7 and it's almost 2 years old. When I got it back from HP they said corrupt hard drive and that they fixed it.

this is like the computer I have. http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-p6533w-b/14575759

#7 Snall

Snall

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Well make a copy of http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd and test the HDD maybe? HDDs do usually die first even if 2 years is a bit fast (I had a laptop one die in 2 months..)

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Or PSU, or ...

You're right I'm am totally sorry for offering any info at all. Although PSU and power equal around the same thing...nice meeting you.

Sorry, I should have put a smiley on the end. This wasn't meant to offend, only pointing out that it's too early yet to tell what we have.:thumbup2:

#9 Snall

Snall

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Or PSU, or ...

Sorry, I should have put a smiley on the end. This wasn't meant to offend, only pointing out that it's too early yet to tell what we have.:thumbup2:

Heh, sorry to get snappy, I have red hair.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

Please check the Event Viewer to see what errors are showing up at these times. Each error has a date and time.

Go to Start> Run and type in eventvwr.msc then press Enter.

When the Event Viewer opens click on Applications in the left pane.

If you double click on an error a description of the error will open. Click on the copy icon, (the copy icon is highlighted with the red square in the picture below), once this is done you can right click and paste this description. Please post the error description/s in your next post in this topic.

Posted Image

In order to save time please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Once we have the snapshot we will know who the manufacturer of the hdd is, then you can go to their web site and download their diagnostic tool. This is usually the most effective way to test the hdd.

Edited by dc3, 05 March 2011 - 12:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users