Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

generic host process for win32 services

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gonewiththewind_006

gonewiththewind_006

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hello:

I have recently bought a notebook which cums wid preinstalled windows 7 but i had not use of windows 7 so i uninstalled it and installed windows XP as my work and my softwares are compatible with this OS. But i have been facing an issue ever since of "Generic host process for win32 services" and my voice files will not play and my net would go down and I would have to restart my system in order to start my net again but after a few minutes or may be after an hour the error would pop up again and everything goes down again. I have antivirus called "Gaurdian Antivirus" installed. Although it is able to stop potential conficker and other trojan attacks, but they keep popping up at regular intervals with DNA scan warning which the antivirus safely removes. I have even reformatted my entire drive and re-installed the OS, but this problem occurs. I have a desktop too which is protected with the same antivirus and i have a USB pendrive also which i frequently interchange in both systems for data transfer but I do not have such a problem with the desktop. I have been to lot of so called professionals in my community but none have been able to rectify it. I am desperately hoping for some remedy as I feel so helpless in this situation. I have little knowledge about computers other than operating them, so i need help from professional like you ppl in bleeping computer.

PS: Also suggest a good antivirus which is available in the market.

Edited by gonewiththewind_006, 04 March 2011 - 11:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lusigioma

Lusigioma

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Hello gonewiththewind :P
As for your problem we should know if you run all the Microsoft critical update, and if you have upgraded to Service Pack 3,
You can take a look here to see if it solve your problem directly with this patch, you know.
For your anti-virus is not very good in my opinion, I say buy Karsperky antivirus, and 'very good.
But 'there are good free online such as: avira antivir antivirus and Comodo firewall as well.
The choice is yours :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users