Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gusgus910

gusgus910

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

I'll try this again.
I have a Desktop with XP and a Laptop with Vista connected wirelessly. Iím having a problem with my wireless network. I can see my see my Sharedocs file on my desktop from my laptop, but I canít see my Sharedocs file on my laptop from my desktop! When trying to see my laptop from my desktop I get a dialog box asking for(laptop)user name and password. I enter both, but my password is highlighted (as if itís the wrong password) and for a long time nothing appears to be happening. Finally, I get the message: ď(Laptop) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.Ē How do I solve this problem? Thank You.

gusgus910

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

Vista handles file sharing differently than XP. There are a few different options that need to be enabled in Vista for Workgroup enabled sharing of files and printers.

A comprehesive article from MS is found here: File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thank You Baltboy!
My password protected Sharing was turned on in Vista. Thats why I couldn't connect to it.
Thanks again.
gusgus910

No problem glad I could help! :thumbsup:
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users