A pop-up saying the device isn't performing as fast as it could
One usually receives that message when a USB 2.0 device is connected to a USB 1.0/1.1 port OR if there's a problem with the USB connection(port/cable).Canon says no drivers for XP, if you take a look.
Drivers aren't required. The storage module of the camera should be accessible like any other USB storage device (flash drives).
Things to do:
1. Disable the USB ports via Device Manager, restart your PC, enable them back again. Try connecting the camera.
2. Uninstall the USB drivers via Device Manager, restart your PC, let Windows reinstall them for you. Try connecting the camera.
3. Check to see if you're able to connect the camera to a different computer.
4. Check the camera's settings, to see if you need to configure PC connectivity.
5. Check/replace the USB cable.
Edited by ReviverSoft, 06 March 2011 - 03:17 AM.