Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A variant of Java/TrojanDownloader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katiekins

katiekins

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hi

The other day I updated my Java (Version 6 to update 24), through the java programme in my control pannel and then I ran the ESET online scanner today and it picked up this ...

C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\36\431f9624-3fa9d656 a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBF trojan deleted - quarantined

I hadn't noticed any issues with my computor so I don't know how long it had been on there for, or what this type of trojan does. I run Eset every couple of weeks as I have Avast & mbam which I run at least twice a week.

Does anyone know/ think this could have had anything to do with the new update from Java (as I know there has been problems before with malware and Java) or just a coinsidence.

Eset says it is 'deleted - quarantined' now so hopefully I have the all clear. Just wanted some feedback on whether it could be connected to the Java update and the type of trojan it is.

Thanks guys.

Katie

Edited by katiekins, 04 March 2011 - 06:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hi Katie

post 3 from quietman can explain this issues much better than I can. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382312.html

Cmom

#3 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi Cmom

Thanks for linking me to that post. :thumbup2:

I don't know what I would do without this site sometimes! :thumbsup:

Katie

#4 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

You are very welcome. Have a great weekend. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users