Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Java

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kittensmassacre

kittensmassacre

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hello, I have been playing on yahoo games and when i go into a room i get an error from java stating this.

exception: Permission denied: http://yog22.games.ac4.yahoo.com/yog/.
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied: http://yog22.games.ac4.yahoo.com/yog/
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denied: http://yog22.games.ac4.yahoo.com/yog/

What do i need to do to solve this problem? I already uninstalled and reinstalled...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,904 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

You don't tell us which browser the problem is in.
If it is Firefox, your problem is being discussed in the forum in link below.
OTN Discussion Forums : sometimes: java.lang.SecurityException: ...

Didn't see a solution except one user says reverting to previous Java 23 update worked for him.
I did not go to the Firefox links in that forum. They may have a different solution.

EDIT: java does not reload on return to page | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
QUOTE: Mozilla are aware of the issue in Firefox 3.6.14 of many Java applets not working and are working on a fix, no timescale but they are planning on a quick release.

Edited by buddy215, 04 March 2011 - 01:57 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

What do i need to do to solve this problem? I already uninstalled and reinstalled...

As an extra to the post from buddy215 above - -
Do you mean you have Un / Re installed Java , or just the programs that you were playing ? ?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,904 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Firefox 3.6.15 was released today. Anyone having a problem with Java should update Firefox as soon as possible.

What's New in Firefox 3.6.15
Firefox 3.6.15 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of Firefox 3.6:

• Fixed an issue where some Java applets would fail to load in Firefox 3.6.14

Edited by buddy215, 04 March 2011 - 11:20 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users