Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Man upgrades Windows 1.0 to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

Saw this @ 7Forums, I found it to be fascinating.

Man upgrades Windows 1.0 to Windows 7 [video] | WinRumors

One man has captured every install of Windows from 1.0 through to 7 and shared it with the world via YouTube.

The video details install processes and the UI for each version of Windows over the past 25 years and most importantly the upgrade process. The only exception is Windows ME, missing as you can only upgrade to ME or 2000 and not both. The video creator, Andrew Tait, used VMWare to install each version and started by installing MS-DOS 5.0 to prepare for the Windows 1.0 installation. Monkey Island and Doom 2 are both installed to test upgrade compatibility throughout the years.

Edited by Union_Thug, 04 March 2011 - 11:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users