Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures from inside a history-making jewelry heist

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AlexBlochin

AlexBlochin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

JUPITER, Fla. -- In a CBS 12 News Exclusive, we are getting a first look inside a history-making jewelry heist that police are still trying to solve. The $15 million burglary happened four weeks ago at Provident Jewelry in Jupiter.
The jewelry store owner, Rob Samuels, tells CBS 12 News the crime was not just a burglary, but the largest crime of its kind in U.S. history. It is also the first time a Class 2 vault has ever been breached in America.

Samuels says, "They came in through the attic, they attacked our alarm system and defeated it somehow and they had the whole day to work on our vault."
CBS 12 News obtained exclusive pictures of the aftermath of the burglary. What is obvious, police say, is these thieves knew what they were doing. They skillfully and neatly cut through the walls of the store next door, bypassing the jewelry store's alarm and motion detectors.
"When I heard they cut through the vault my heart dropped," says Samuels. The thieves stole $15 million worth of jewels, watches and more. "Brand names like Cartier, Bulgari and Brightling and big diamonds and estate jewelry," explains Samuels.

The crime seems like a scene out of a movie. The jewelry store owner agrees.
"I've had no less than 100 people say that to me seeing it's the largest in U.S. history and the first time this type of vault has been breached on U.S. soil. It seems like it could be."
The FBI and local police say they have do have some promising leads, but they are intentionally staying tight-lipped about the investigation.

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/cbs-4731196-exclusive-jupiter.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users