Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PHP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 defurman

defurman

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

I would like to start learning PHP so as to enhance my webpages/sites so could anyone point me to an easy to follow tutorial which covers installing the php software on my pc please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

Download PHP from its web site http://php.net/ .
The download for Windows comes in two forms - installable setup EXE and ZIP archive.
The setup can be installed like any other software. For the ZIP archive format, you will find install.txt with full instructions inside.

Before you can install PHP, you need to have a web server like Apache or IIS installed.

If you are using Ubuntu Linux, then just give the following commands to install Apache and PHP in a terminal window :
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install php5
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

You can also use WAMP, XAMPP, LAMP, EasyPHP etc. to install Apache, PHP, mySQL, OpenSSL and many other packages without worrying about configuration.

As for learning PHP this is a good place to start : http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Edited by Romeo29, 04 March 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#3 defurman

defurman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for taking the time out to reply and providing all the useful info Romeo29

#4 Jamiemcg

Jamiemcg

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

In addition to the information provided in the previous post by Romeo29, I would suggest that you check out the PHP tutorial on http://Tizag.com. I have used it before and I think it's a great tutorial!

Good luck!

- Jamiemcg

#5 Rootkit Hunter

Rootkit Hunter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

I would also highly recommend checking out a PHP book from the library or spending $30 or so buying one. One of the more highly rated books is "PHP and MySQL Web Development", it provides a good fundamental overview as well as a web application case study. It's worth the investment IMO.

#6 georgegalvin

georgegalvin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

HI..I Want to know about the cake PHP.can you please give me brief idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users