Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell SP2309W Monitor Randomly Switching Off Till Re-boot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ejacka

ejacka

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

I have a Dell SP2309W monitor & right in the middle of working on the PC the screen goes black & a Dell alert box appears: "Warning entering power save mode", then the white light in the monitor power button turns orange, I know the OS is working because audio continues playing. Moving the mouse & key presses have no effect, pressing the power button turns it off & the same alert box appears when pressing it again, this is the same alert which appears when I power the PC down. The monitor is effectively stuck in power save mode & re-booting is the only way to bring it back.

This used to happen about 6 months ago & just started again, every few hours. I phoned Dell tech support & they said the monitor has no power save mode so the problem must be hardware, is this true or is it the monitor? :unsure:

O.S: Windows 7 Ultimate
Graphics: ASUS GT22O HDMI
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-EM
Audio: Realtek On-board
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz
RAM: Crucial 2GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

Correct - the system tells the display what to do - there is no "built in" power saving mode in the display itself.

1) Check your power options in control panel. While there, make sure to Click on "Require Password on Wakeup" on the left side and choose the option: "Don't require password".

2) If the problem continues, boot to safe mode and see if the same thing happens there. Let us know.

Edited by Allan, 04 March 2011 - 07:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users