Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen sayiing that computer no longer recognizes battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

I've been looking for a battery for my computer. The percentage its at right now isn't so bad (95%). I've seen this message maybe three times. I did a bios update for my dell inspiron e1505. So far i haven't seen the message, but it doesn't show every time i boot the computer. The message shows once in awhile. Even if i charge ipod it's still 95%. I really need help in finding a reliable computer battery. I'm scared to even buy one online because reviews saying its counterfeit, fried my laptop because watts were too high. Where's the best one to purchase one besides Dell, but i do want a dell brand. too scared to buy an off-brand plus it's hard to tell if your really buying a reall dell brand because some say they just print it on there and misleading messages on ebay. Where can i buy one? My dell battery says:

Dell rechargeable Li-ion battery
Rating 11.1
Type GD761
Capacity: 53wh

The battery i currently own has been the same battery since it was purchased in a store since 2004 when it was new. It has never been replaced for 7 years. I heard that battery lifetime is only 1-2 years- why is that? I don't want a cheap brand that can screw up my computer. But what happen if they sell me something that may be expensive, but sold cheaper somewhere else. I've seen other shopping reviews where they don't work or even last 4 months. So i need tips where to shop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

Lithium Ion batteries typically have a life span of 300 to 500 recharges.

Here's something to think about. Dell doesn't manufacture their own batteries, where to they get them?

You can purchase other batteries that will work well with your computer. Other than the physical aspect of the battery fitting your computer you should need to look at two other specifications, the voltage, and the amp hour figure. As long as the battery is made to mate with your computer, the voltage matches you should be ok. The amp hour figure is usually rated in milliamperes hours, or mAh. A higher mAH rating is indicative of a longer lasting (higher capacity) battery.

If you have questions regarding a retailer selling batteries you can always Google them to see what others have to say about them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

For some odd reason my battery is back up to 99% when i used it as someone's house. I'm guessing my outlet is bad. Maybe it the bios update helped- but i think its the outlet plug because the laptop went back to normal when i plugged it in someone else's house. We've had this outlet extension plug for years so i better get a new one them ^_^. It's nice to know and if my battery does break i know who to talk to =D

Edited by Doomsis, 06 March 2011 - 12:25 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

When you have the brick plugged into the "extension plug" does the cord get warm to touch close to the plug?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

nope. its pretty cold in our house. For some reason when i plug in any wall plug its back to staying to the same percentage, but i used it at someone else's house and it actually charged to 100%. that's strange. i stopped seeing this warning about the battery though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users