Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Did My Taxes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Finally filed my tax return for 2010 and am feeling ready to violently overthrow the government. Who's with me? We'll meet at the Peet's Coffee shop on 5th street.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

*Andrew gets added to another watch list.*

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• Topic Starter

• 8,250 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Pfft... I'm probably on so many watch lists already that adding one more is moot.

But, honestly, for the amount of money I just sent Uncle Sam I could have purchased a very nice firearm and a slick uniform. <_< Adding insult to injury, I had to take the money out of my new computer fund. Tell me that isn't cause for violence!

Here's an interesting question: has the US Congress ever voted itself a pay cut? Seriously, I would like to know.

Edited by Andrew, 03 March 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#4 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

I am afraid to do my taxes this year. I will probably owe in. In which case you all may never hear from me again as I will have moved to the south pole to hide with the penguins :cold:
for3ver,
goose90proof

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

I'm with you Andrew! Apparently I'm expected to provide for about 4 people on unemployment. Might I suggest moving the rally-point eastward though? Some of my armaments are quiet illegal in the state of CA. (Who dares ban the mighty .50BMG and pistol gripped long rifles!)

By the way, enjoy this little tidbit on where our government is wasting away our money http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11318sp.pdf

This won't be my first watch list either, apparently buying certain chemicals (fertilizer, diesel fuel,etc) in bulk quantities puts you on one, buying bulk ammo for at least 6 different calibers puts you on another (buy in bulk and save!), and having NCI's checks run every month puts you on another. Get on all 3 and you end up in a list I refer to as "The List of Really Cool Guys".

Edited by BlackSpyder, 03 March 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

Who's with me? We'll meet at the Peet's Coffee shop on 5th street.

You bring the torches, I'll supply the pitchforks.

Posted Image

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

AGHHH!!!! I've gotta pay in $1400 this year. The pains of contracting... >.<
for3ver,
goose90proof

#9 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

I too fell the pain of having to pay the Feds (and the State).

@Backspyder - with ALL due respect - you complain about having to pay for the unemployment of 4 people. How many cruise missiles did we just lob in the vicinity of Libya? I wonder, but at the same time don't really want to know, how much it costs for one B2 bombing mission to fly from Missouri to Libya and back (not to mention the smart bombs that were dropped). I do have to admit that I was quite impressed to see the hole in the roof of Kadaffy's command and control building the other day, and how the bomb went through several floors before the fuse detonated it.

The upside, I suppose, is that our military contractors are keeping a lot of people off of unemployment.

Why do I get the feeling that this topic will be moved to the Speakeasy before too long...

#10 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Just back from the grocery store, a harrowing experience in itself - both monetarily and psychologically. At the checkout, there were two lanes open with long lines at each. Plenty of self service scanners available though. No wonder our unemployment is so high, what with businesses trying to save us our hard earned money and all...

@Backspyder - I just wanted to thank you personally. Was wondering what to make for dinner. Then with all this talk of guns and bullets, I remembered I still had venison in the freezer. Dinner dilemma solved! Thank you BC community for helping to solve another of my real world problems.

Back to the original topic - in thinking about the accuracy of cruise missiles and laser guided bombs, I believe I'll go away quietly and write my check for taxes owed to the feds now. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users