Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ISP blocks outgoing Port 80, help using ZoneEdit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

So, I have played around with multiple different websites, No-IP.com, afraid.org, and zoneedit and have had no luck...mainly because I don't understand all of the correct terms.

I have my website www.mydomain.com:1337

I know groovicus tried explaining it in a different post, but that post was getting a little lengthy and had a bunch of different questions/problems from me.

Anyways, how exactly do I lose the port number? So when I type mydomain.com it shows up, without the need for the :1337 at the end. Follow?

It looks like it is definitely possible with zoneedit, I have looked at the scripts at afraid.org like I was previously told, but tried some of them to no avail.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have found this in another forum, but didn't understand fully:

1.Sign up and get started with ZoneEdit.
2.Make your web server listen on port number like "6000" or "5000"
3.Check to see if your web server works by in a browser using a URL: http://3.4.5.6:6000/. Use the port number that you're listening on and the real IP address of your machine.
4.Add the "IP Address" for your web server in ZoneEdit: "ww2.domainname.com" points to "ip address".
5.Add a Web Forward entry for your domain called "www.domainname.com" that points to http://ww2.domainname:6000/
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

I think you just have to follow the prompts, and if you're confused, you'll get an error when you complete the form.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users