Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win media Player and Secunia Zombie files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jziggyp

jziggyp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'm using Secunia psi2 ----Secunia is reporting zombie files with windows media player 11 and windows media player 64 bit....My system is Vista 64 bit...1 shows 15 zombies and the other 1 shows 14 zombies.... I have tried to remove/delete the zombies and it won't allow this????? I have tried to remove windows media player and it won't allow this either.. From what I have found searching win media player cannot be removed in Vista without breaking Vista ???? Is this true ??? Is there a way to remove the Zombies???? Are there any remedies you can suggest to solve this.... The zombies do state a very limited threat risk... I have removed other programs Zombie files without any problems... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

https://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/5083/zombie_file

I don't use Vista and never have...so I can't really respond to what might be Vista issues :).

But...any version WMP which is installed with the O/S as native...cannot be removed/uninstalled. However...any subsequent version of WMP can be uninstalled. Since it appears that Vista came with WMP 11 and WMP only applies to Windows 7...

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-music-pictures-video/66513-uninstall-windows-media-player-11-vista.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users