Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't send photos in WLM 2011

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garybeafl

garybeafl

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

I am trying to forward an email with photo's that I received from a friend.
I am using Win 7 and windows live mail 2011. I tried sending it as a gmail and as a hotmail and as a Verizon email. All do the same thing.
I get an error message that says "one or more of the pictures cannot be found do you want to send the message anyway"

If anyone has the answer to this I would be thankful.

Gary
Attached File  pics in email.doc   34KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

That's normal :), been that way for years (at least, since Win 9x).

The link to pics gets broken, thus they don't get sent when forwarding.

It's the fact that you are forwarding...that's the problem. If you insert/attach the pics in an email without formwarding...and send it...they will go.

If you send them, the recipient will probably see the routine red X phenomenon.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

I see that at the other web site where you posted this it is marked resolved. Were you able to save the photos to My Pictures or in a file and then add them as an attachment in an e-mail?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 w7pro

w7pro

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hamluis has a point about just saving the pics and then sending them in a fresh email instead of forwarding them. You might also just compress them in a .zip file. It's also easier to send them that way and ensures that they stay together.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users