Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cpu heat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 C.Mageshkumar

C.Mageshkumar

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

I have p4 computer ,recently my motherboard is problem and it changed ,processors , Ram is already working good. Then i Can replace a motherboard ,then start a computer suddenly restarts, after i applied thermal compound to cpu with heat sink work fine only one week. after one week a computer starts normally suddenly restarts randomly, no any error display and No virus in system.

Please give any solution to resolve.and tell best Thermal compound to control heat of CPU or Is a processor problem?.
:o

Edited by C.Mageshkumar, 04 March 2011 - 12:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

For thermal paste.

Plenty of other reasons The computer restarts and others are much better at figuring out why, from logs they will request.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Let's stop the restarts, once this is done an error message should appear rather than restarting. You did list what your operating system is, so these instructions may need a little tweaking.

Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery. Under startup and Recovery click on Settings, uncheck the box in Automatically restart under System failure.

Please post the exact error that appears.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 C.Mageshkumar

C.Mageshkumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for yours suggestion and its work well.

#5 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

Are you saying that all you needed was the thermal paste and the restarts stopped hapenning?

You are welcome for the link.

In think you should still follow up if the restarts happen. The logs are very helpful in fixing any problems.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users