Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

won't recognize game disc in autoplay

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PK4230

PK4230

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

Hello forumers. I'm not sure if this is in the right place to post but here I go. Over the last month, my disc autoplay has been not been acting properly. Whenever I insert a game disc, it will search for content and come up with autoplay options for pictures. For DVD movies it's normal but for games it is different. Can someone please come up with a solution for this? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Have a look at this troubleshooting guide from Microsoft and see if it helps. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-AutoPlay-problems

#3 PK4230

PK4230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

I've looked at them. They don't seem to help. By the way, there is no picture or icon for the disc. Normally if there was a disc inserted, there would be a change in the disc icon. There is not. Here's a picture.
Posted Image

Yes I do play Sims lol.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Has this CD opened in autoplay previously?

Edited by dc3, 03 March 2011 - 10:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 PK4230

PK4230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

Has this CD opened in autoplay previously?

I've opened the disc form autoplay before. It clearly recognised that it was a game. It even loaded the icon for the disc as well.
Does anybody know of programs that can interfere with autoplay?

Edited by PK4230, 04 March 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Here is another Microsoft article which may shed some light on this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 PK4230

PK4230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Here is another Microsoft article which may shed some light on this problem.

I'm sorry, but it's still not working after looking at those. Is it normal that it is showing UDF? Also, could Combofix, gmer, DDS or things like that be contributing to my problems? Also, even though there is an application on the disc it doesn't seem to search for it.

Edited by PK4230, 04 March 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

UDF (Universal Disk Format) shouldn't be a problem, it is used in packet writing of rewritable media such as CDs.

Have you been using Combofix? DDS, GMER, and Combofix are tools used to treat infections. Do you believe that you are infected?

Just so you understand, Combofix is a powerful tool which should only be used under the supervision of someone trained in its use, like one of our members of the Malware Removal Team. Misuse of this can cause problems with your computer.

#9 PK4230

PK4230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

UDF (Universal Disk Format) shouldn't be a problem, it is used in packet writing of rewritable media such as CDs.

Have you been using Combofix? DDS, GMER, and Combofix are tools used to treat infections. Do you believe that you are infected?

Just so you understand, Combofix is a powerful tool which should only be used under the supervision of someone trained in its use, like one of our members of the Malware Removal Team. Misuse of this can cause problems with your computer.

I had a rootkit infection but those fixes didn't seem to work. I was only able to stop the service not remove them.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

It's a good thing other members can't see me pulling my hair out at the moment...

You have an open topic in the Am I Infected forum that you never replied to. I would suggest replying to Boopme since he has taken the time to help you with your infection. Once you begin this I would suggest not making any other changes to this computer unless you are requested to do so by Boopme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users