Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compound Problem, multiple infections?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swingaxle

swingaxle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

I am having two issues which began occurring simultaneously on two of my computers. My primary computer is a fairly standard Windows 7 Desktop. AVG was the second program activated on the computer behind firefox, so it has been protected since initial start up out of box. It is experiencing the Google Redirect issue. I have visited many other topics on this website and run all of the applications with the exception of the ones which conflict with AVG, including the mentioned online scan. None of these methods have resolved the issue. I have additionally given both my router (Belkin) and Cable Modem (ARRIS), hard resets. My laptop, which is a generation two MacBook running OS 10.5 is also experiencing issues. It takes approximately 15 to 30 seconds to resolve addresses of a website it is not currently browsing. This issue is pervasive when I am on my home network, and intermittent abroad, occuring on my universities network, but not the network at my place of work. My university has a special connection to comcast (my university will not answer me as to the type of routers in use), which is the same service provider I use at home. My work uses verizon DSL, and Cisco wireless routers. I understand that it is possible that my Macbook's issues may stem from outdated DNS lookup protocols, however the emergence of this problem during the same day as my desktop is rather suspicious. If the answer turns out to be an outdated protocol, is there a more elegant solution than using a third party DNS server? Additionally, my desktop will pause operation, whether typing or playing back video (but not music) at an interval of aprroximately 5 seconds. This problem arises immediately on startup, and is not affected by length of time that the machine is on, or program usage.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by swingaxle, 03 March 2011 - 12:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hello.

I have visited many other topics on this website and run all of the applications with the exception of the ones which conflict with AVG, including the mentioned online scan.

Could I have a list of what you've tried please?

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users