Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:/ Drive Full

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miss.charli

miss.charli

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi guys,
I have a desktop pc that is running xp home. I have four hard drives and c:/ is full, however it doesn't have any documents etc. saved on it, only programs that are necessary like office, iTunes, adobe, webroot, and all of my windows programs etc. It has got to a point where I can't download any updates because the drive is so full. I have done disk cleanup and removed all unwanted programs through the control panel. I have four drives: c,d,e,f with the other four with plenty of room. Is there a way to delete a partition without losing everything on c? F is empty so I don't mind killing it. I'm also not really one hundred percent sure they are actual partitions, as when we had a new sound card put in recently the technician commented on the number of drives we had. If they are all separate drives is there anyway to make another one of the drives the primary drive without reformatting the whole computer? We had to do this recently and it was a very painful process.
Thanks for your help. Please let me know if I can get you any more information. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Look in Disk Management to see if these are hdds or partitions.

Go to Start> Run and type in diskmgmt.msc then press enter.

The C: drive is usually the hdd that has the operating system on it. I would suggest moving the non-Windows files to the other hdds, or partitions as the case may be.

You can do this quite simply by clicking and dragging the files in Explore. Not to be confused with Internet Explorer. Right click on Start> Explore to open it.

Edited by dc3, 02 March 2011 - 10:48 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users