Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just had the most insane time trying to get pc to work.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Just had a power outage and after the power came back on my pc wouldn't start. So after looking around on my laptop found out that I had to take out my p1 connector from my power supply. Sounded easy enough ,but no I had to do a lot of other things before I could take out the p1. Had to take out my hard drive since it was directly above the p1 connector blocking access. Freaking had to remove the front panal to remove hardrive. Screws where difficult to take out cause A one was covered by plastic(thanks compact good design) B godam other one was covered by the case itself so I had a tight unscrew sideways. After 1:30 hours I was finally able to disconnect the p1 connector with pliers case is also small as hell so I got quite a few cuts and scratches trying to maneuver my hands in the case.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Now to ask this question: Does your computer work now?

#3 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Yes works fine ,but I haven't tried to restart I will post again if it doesn't work.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for taking the time to tell us your endeavors. What kind of computer is this can you provide a model number so it appears in search results?

#5 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Compaq Presario SR1750NX

#6 Crazy49er

Crazy49er

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

I can appreciate that kind of effort... I sliced one of my fingers 2 months ago trying to open an HP slimline PC. Thankfully I only got my A+ on the outside of the case, and not on any of the components. But the slimline boxes are so cramped it may as well be a laptop when it comes to taking one apart and then putting it back together. Have to take out the DVD drive just to get to the hard drive, just to remove the inner framework, just so you can get to the motherboard to add more ram or even to do a diagnostic on something.

I say ole chap, job well done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users