Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

0x024 problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_amerkiller1995_*

Guest_amerkiller1995_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

ok guys my piece of crap showed a 0x00000024 error
i cant boot to safe mode
i dont have the xp cd
i used knoppix to backup my files but it suddenly hanged (when i click to copy, the window and bar at the bottom disappear)
when i boot to knoppix again i can use the pc but its just a matter of time before it starts to act weirdly
i tried the knoppix ntfsfix ad it showed blablabla successfully but i still cant boot
any help?

Edited by amerkiller1995, 02 March 2011 - 08:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

i tried the knoppix ntfsfix ad it showed blablabla successfully but i still cant boot

If you received an error code you need to post it exactly as it is seen. Blablabla doesn't tell us anything useful.

Can you boot your computer in normal mode?

If you can, run chkdsk /f /r

Go to Start, click on Run, and type cmd in the box and then click OK.

A black page like the one below will open with a blinking cursor, type in chkdsk /f /r then strike the Enter key.

Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Guest_amerkiller1995_*

Guest_amerkiller1995_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

If you received an error code you need to post it exactly as it is seen. Blablabla doesn't tell us anything useful.

Can you boot your computer in normal mode?

If you can, run chkdsk /f /r

Go to Start, click on Run, and type cmd in the box and then click OK.

A black page like the one below will open with a blinking cursor, type in chkdsk /f /r then strike the Enter key.

Posted Image

forget about knoppix
bcoz i need this extra fast and no1 has replied i already ran chkdsk /r

whta if i didnt have the /f???

btw i cant boot to windows i am using the recovery console

ok looks like /f isnt needed and 60% on recovery console

Edited by amerkiller1995, 02 March 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

I would like to point out one of our forum rules...

When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

You can read about chkdsk /f at this Microsoft web site.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Guest_amerkiller1995_*

Guest_amerkiller1995_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

I would like to point out one of our forum rules...

When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

You can read about chkdsk /f at this Microsoft web site.

ok
i read the webpage before
the recovery console is at the moment scanning the disk again
ok it says it fixed some errors
let me check...
YES
the loading bar at startup started

oh my god
now its spamming
removing index from index $0 of file 25

Edited by amerkiller1995, 02 March 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

I'm going to suggest that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum.

#7 Guest_amerkiller1995_*

Guest_amerkiller1995_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

I'm going to suggest that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum.

fanbleepentastic idea
i remember that i was testing my darkcomet server and the next boot my pc suddenly hanged and the the error happened
btw my pc is working normally now

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

I had requested that this topic be moved, but since it hasn't happened yet, and it seems that your problem has been resolved for the moment let's let it stand as is. If this problem does reoccur please post back in this topic for further help. Do not open a second topic regarding this as all of the current information pertinent to you problem are posted here.

I hope the chkdsk /f /r has resolved your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users