Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your PC is blocked. All the hard drives were encrypted. Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files. Any attempt to restore the

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 426hemi#10

426hemi#10

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

i read this article i hate jerks that pull this sort of thing. i have a better / another idea some one here show me to how make a program /or show me the method it takes to lock on too this guys computer and send 100 watts to his CPU , all at once . we'll see how much he spends instead of ripping people
off.!!!__ i vote we set up a watch group the does nothing else .. feed back is welcome. i am aware off what I'm saying so i hope this doesn't get me in trouble with anybody here at bleeping. i am ever so glad i stumble across this little site .its tought me things i really needed to know. but i had to get it off my chest they should hand out capital punishment for any one caught pulling this little stunt .oh by the way this is the article i was speaking of so as folks won't think I'm nutts babbling about nothing--------

A new infection is making its rounds that makes it so you cannot boot your computer unless you pay a ransom of $100 USD. This malware will modify the Master Boot Record of your computer so that it displays a message stating that your computer's hard drives were encrypted and that unless you pay the ransom you will not be able to access your files.

The reality is that the infected hard drives are not actually encrypted, but just not being made available until you enter a password. When this infection is installed on your computer it will move the infected hard drives Master Boot Record, or MBR, to another location and install a new MBR that displays a message stating that the hard drives were encrypted and that you need to visit www.safe-data.ru in order to receive help. The message that you will see is:

Your PC is blocked.
All the hard drives were encrypted.
Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files.
Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss !!!
Please remember Your ID: , with its help your sign-on password will be generated.
Enter password:

When you visit www.safe-data.ru it will state that your hard drives are encrypted and unless you spend $100 USD, you will lose your data. It also states that any attempts at tampering may cause loss of data. I strongly suggest that noone manually visit the safe-data.ru site as it is run by malware distributors and cannot be trusted to exploit visitors in some manner.

The truth is that this infection can be fixed without spending any money, so for no reason should you purchase the code. Instead, if you are infected with this malware, please create a topic in the Am I Infected forum in order to receive help removing this infection.

Link: Am I infected? Forum

Add New Comment
Posted: By Lawrence Abrams on Dec 04 2010, 06:10 PM - 35 comments- hemmi here again //// this little thing is to take advantage of those who are naive in the ways of computing or navigating threw mess of crap that is the internet we know today.something tells me if we had appointed governing body threw vote from those who like to see the internet cleaned up at all most any cost. This sort of thing would at least slow way down. no one from the corporate world be allowed a vote of course i am for a ""open"" and ""free"" internet .as you can see it is a very vital instrument as we speak it is sparking revolutions across the the middle east for example. in a perfect world the NET would be trouble free place to learn/ play /and conduct mom & pop commerce. but that will never be. if big corporate commerce & jerks like the one that pulling this little stunt. are tolerated..or hackers/or crackers that do something stupid over some little pet peeve of there's they have bug up there butt about. the NET will always be a pain in the but for those who just want to come and enjoy it.or just conduct there daily affairs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users