Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sonic Update Manager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:07 AM

Sonic Update Manager. Anybody know what this is? I have it in my add/remove program list and have no idea what it's for.
Thanks
Floyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

Are you using A toshiba laptop or toshiba DVD? Also it may be a part of Roxio.

http://support.sonic.com/ Sonic Solutions

Edited by boopme, 20 December 2005 - 02:56 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 floyd

floyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:00 PM

boopme, No I don't. It might be from Roxio like you said. I just removed from Add/Remove and everything seems to be working so far, but am really curios what it's from. The Sonic Software page is no help. I even tried calling to find out if they are the author and just get a recording to leave a message. I've seen it on other peoples computers also and seems nobody knows it's even there.
Goggled it also and nothing.
Floyd

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:17 PM

Floyd I found this solution give it a shot Some one else had the same problem. You may have to mail them for the correct link or download to upgrade as you don't know for sure the program its asking to upgrade. Hope this helped

1)This is Sonic's utility for automatically updating your Sonic software although, I cannot imagine why you would be seeing a prompt for the a CD especially since, even if you had a CD, that would be the version already installed. There may be another issue at play with the prompt.

you have this link in first post

2)I just ran into this today and after a long haul and passing around the system on the Dell phone trees, we finally found a solution. I say "we" because the technician and I were both stumped, but since I just got the thing and hardly installed anything yet, I had little to lose if I had to do a complete reinstall.

Anyway, here's what solved the problem: Update your installshield. One I updated it, I was able to run the update feature on Sonis and stop the auto initiating of it.

EDIT:

I also did a search on my Toshiba lap and it shows SONIC
Prog file
Dvd dll with Music match jukebox
and 2 flies C:\WINDOWS\I386\COMPDATA
and a start menu entry

Edited by boopme, 20 December 2005 - 04:37 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users