Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

diagonal lines on lcd screen when laptop shuts down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

I have a gateway laptop. It had windows vista on it. Recently I decided to reinstall the OS, but this time I put on a retail version of windows 7. The problem now is that whenever I shutdown the laptop, the lcd screen shows diagonal scrolling lines (like the ones you used to see on a tv that was not properly tuned to a station when it used rabbit ear antennas).

The LCD dcreen works fine otherwise so could it be that I installed a version of windows for which there were no drivers? But then again if a driver is not found, device manager will show a yellow exclamation mark, but there is no exclamation mark in device manager, so all device drivers have been found.

So then why is the lcd acting like this at shutdown.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

Hi shashman,

What you are most likely experiencing is a driver issue upon shutdown. Since it is only at shutdown it can most likely be disregarded as an anomolie that should not cause any issues longterm.

But, as I myself would also find this quite annoying and want to get rid of it, ( read "fix it" ), if you could give me a model number for your laptop, I would be more than willing to see if there is a more up to date driver for your video.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users