Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ZenZen

ZenZen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hello everyone, sorry if my lack of experience in these matters shows here :-) But I was just looking some advice. I am one of those who have been recently involved in the malware attacks via ad's as many have on Autotrader, ebay, London stock exchange etc. many forums are now full of horror stories regarding the rougue Sytsem Tool spyware ans system failure.

I have Eset NOD32 working away and my browsers where being hi-jacked and tried to go to rogue sites, but NOD32 terminated the connection each time and quarantined whatever caused the threat. At the same time I also had a rogue IE box pop up in the middle of the screen asking if I wished to allow a software download, which I take it was this rogue spyware. I hit "X" or cancel and it went away. This happened quiet a efw times, but each time the same thing happened, NOD32 stopped teh redirect and I cancelled the pop up box.

Now my question is this, could there still be anything on my PC if it didnt actually make contact with the rogue websites and if I ddnt not allow the download? Again, sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, juts looking some reassurance.

I had also tried to do a sytsem restore in safe mode, back to before this all hapened, but with no joy. The computer will not let me restore to a previous date logge dina s Admin, even a few days back. However I was wondering would this possibly be due to me using the likes of ccleaner (3 passes) to remove deleted files etc. also some old software programs which I removed last Friday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done an in depth scan with NOD32, a MBAM scan and TDSSKILLER scan, all of which came back with no threats detected.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Best wishes,
ZenZen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users