Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rejoining videos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katiekins

katiekins

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hey everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how I can rejoin youtube videos (flv files) or mp4 files.

Katie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

You could try Avidemux, it's free, and works well on Win XP. Also works on Mac OSX Tiger, tho not as well as on Windows.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux
(I'm using Avidemux 2.5.3)

Assuming that you have the .FLV videos downloaded and on the hard drive.
Open Avidemux, click "Files" > "Open" and browse to your 1st FLV. file.
To merge the 2nd FLV. click on "file" > "Append"
Avidemux will add the 2nd FLV after the first, And so on, as long as the video's are the same size. If not the same size, you'll have to re-size them somehow, So, I can't help you there.

To save the file as an FLV, Assuming the video's are all the same size, make sure that "Video" (on the left) is set to "copy", and "Audio", is set to "copy", change the format (on left under audio) to FLV or whatever. Click "File" > "Save" > "Save Video"
When naming your video, make sure you add the extension .FLV
(example; Myvideo.FLV )

Should also work with MPEG4, but I never tried it.

Hope it helps.
:)

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

it can be done with VLC command line. You have to transcode and merge. It's a little complicated but here is the wiki:

http://wiki.videolan.org/How_to_merge_and_transcode_multiple_videos

My last project was to merge three sections of In search of Bigfoot (with Leonard Nemoy).

They were named bigfoot1.mp4 bigfoot2.mp4 and bigfoot3.mp4 and the merged file was bigfoot.mpg

I went into command prompt and navigated to vlc and put in:

-vvv bigfoot1.mp4 bigfoot2.mp4 bigfoot3.mp4 --sout-keep --sout=#gather:transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=192,channels=6}:standard{access=file,mux=ts,dst=bigfoot.mpg} --sout-all

The mp4's were 80mb, 90mb, and 65mb and the merged mpg was 200 mb and the same quality. The audio synched up perfectly. It didn't take too long but used 100% cpu so I wouldn't multitask.

If you can't handle command line and need gui, use SUPER by eRightSoft. I don't know much about the settings but my guess would be to use a program like Media Info: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/MediaInfo-Lite/1183386892/1
and set the bitrate and resolution and container and codec to the same as they are in the source FLV files.

If none of this makes sense go to www.videohelp.com and read, they have a ton of info there.

#4 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

12x48y Thanks, I will look into that programme.

thrillhouse Thanks, I have VLC but it seems a little complicated so I will have a further read.

I want to either convert flv to MP4 and then join them together or join the flv together and then convert them to mp4. Whatever is easiest and quickest!

Edited by katiekins, 06 March 2011 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users