Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backing up my files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bdk101

bdk101

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

all guides and tools start with protecting your files.I can only download the software i need in safe mode. is backing up my files in safe mode going to protect everything that needs to be protected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

1) What do you mean you can only download the software you need in safe mode? And WHAT software are we talking about?
2) Regardless of how you download anything, why do you have to backup in safe mode?
3) To answer your question directly, whatever you backup is backed up. But your question really isn't very clear.

What are you trying to do - EXACTLY - and how are you trying to do it?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

Yes backing up your data files in safe mode will save those files. Please follow the directions as cryprodan as suggested and post your log in the proper forum as described here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382327.html

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 bdk101

bdk101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

thank you bleepin' Animinion. my girlfriend thought your avatar was awesome

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

I had moved your original topic to our Am I Infected forum, which is the link provided by Animal.

Once you have your backup completed, continue following the suggestions posted by Cryptodan. If you have any questions about anything on the list of steps to take, just post back here.

After you have created and posted the malware logs described in the procedure, just add a short post indicating that you have completed that phase. Note that the logs are NOT to be posted here...but in the forum linked to in the directions for preparation.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

I'm guessing there's more to this question / thread than meets the eye - otherwise Animal - you're a heck of a mind reader :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users