Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

These Forums and Ads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well I'm not around here as much as I used to be/or would like to be for that matter(love all you guys), and I just got the chance to check in here again. I just noticed to increased presence of ads on certain pages that are touting(sp?) the use of registry cleaners/offers to scan your computer for errors. For a site dedicated to helping people with their comuters problems doesn't anyone else see a conflict of interest with said ads? I dunno I mean I know ads make revenue for this great site to stay up and running just seems kinda cheezy to me :busy:

-Bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

We do in fact work to remove or filter out bad ads. You need to inform Grinler of the bad ads in question. We cannot control what NEW ads Google decides to put out, but once they appear we can take steps to filter them out.

Next time you see an inappropriate ad, you should right click on the link, click on copy link and pm it to me so I can filter it out . . .

Members when logged in shouldn't be seeing the ads. See this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic50648.html

I don't see ads at all logged in or not because I have them blocked through my security settings as do most of us that are on staff here.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 March 2011 - 01:55 PM.
Change smiley. I wasn't the one I wanted. ~ OB

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

"Ad Nazi" says: Firefox + AdBlock Plus (subscriptions) + Block 3rd party cookies + MVPs Hosts + Spywareblaster (all free--use zero resources) =
NO ADS FOR YOU!!!

I don't see any ads on any site, save the EXTREMELY rare exception.

Edited by Union_Thug, 02 March 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#4 Lusigioma

Lusigioma

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

For spam on a site like Bleeping You have to be just an idiot <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users